René Magritte. Gonconda. 1953.
white ppl are literally racist until proven otherwise, you can’t trust them. and this isn’t “being mean” or “generalizing” it’s a defense mechanism honestly
You’ve gotta work to unlearn systems of oppression you don’t personally experience, just like all men have to actively unlearn sexist behaviors they’re used to being rewarded for. This isn’t something to be offended by, it’s just something to work on.
To A Poet - First Aid Kit
those words keep me on my feet,
when I think I might just fall apart.
John William Waterhouse - The Soul of the Rose
CRAP I HAVE TO SCHEDULE MY GEORGETOWN INTERVIEW WITHIN A WEEK CRAP CRAP CRAP
number one pet peeve of all academia related to literature:
- when men are characters but women are symbols
Caitlin Stasey (via thepeacefulterrorist)
Yellow Flicker Beat - Lorde (from the Mockingjay Part 1 OST)
This is Criminal Law 100. Or as I prefer to call it “How To Get Away With Murder.”
#LISTEN Y’ALL #how to get away with murder is fucking fantastic #it is like i know what you did last summer + legally blonde #(alfie enoch is elle woods) #among what i would call the six main characters (the five law students and prof. keating) #only ONE (matt mcgorry) is white and (presumed) straight #you have a black girl a latina girl a gay white dude alfie enoch and viola davis #and viola davis #IS EVERYTHING EVER #her part is AMAZING #if she and alfie enoch were both white men they’d already have their own fandom and 100 fics on ao3 #she is ruthless and intimidating and mean and demanding and dishonest and UNNNNNNBELIEVABLY sexy and dignified and better than all of us #and she also has secret feelings!!!!!! #and in waltzes alfie enoch #doe-eyed good-hearted bewildered baaaaaaaby #stunned and admiring but also disgusted because morals and scared out of his MIND #oh it’s so good IT’S SO GOOD everybody watch it with me
1. If you don’t like the way he kisses you, you won’t like the way he fucks you. Get up and leave.
2. If he won’t go down on you, but expects you to go down on him, laugh. Get up and leave.
3. If you don’t want to do something and he doesn’t respect that, slap him round the face. Get up and leave.
4. If he isn’t okay with the imperfections on your skin, if he says they turn him off, get up and leave.
5. If you don’t want to shave your legs and he thinks that’s disgusting and refuses to touch them, get up and leave.
6. If he doesn’t see your body as a masterpiece, as a complete work of art, get up and leave.
7. If he makes you feel uncomfortable about any part of your body, get up and leave."